- Very easy to use even for entry level photographers
- Feel free to pass this camera to a stranger, he can do the job as well.
- Offers above average dynamic range thanks to 1" sensor
- Great motion blur and decent depth of field.
- High sharpness and image quality
- Most portable mirrorless to date
- Its full potential is hindered by automatic functions, switch them off one by one if needed.
- Button layout and configuration does not cater the needs of professionals
- Handling can be better, the thumb rest does not provide solid grip
- Aperture is bit too small on 9mm prime lens (DOF & ISO disadvantage)
- Too girly, male users may find it difficult to accept
NX Mini first launch in 2014 and was framed as a selfie camera that features interchangeable lens. In general, it is surprisingly easy to use and and produce decent image quality for average consumers. If you are looking for a camera that can take photos without lots of editing, the Mini can serve you well on instagram and facebook uploads
Due to design features and lack of brown & black body colour, Nx-mini is mainly used by females selfie lovers in HK, who only a small portion of them know proper photography. This is perhaps why until this day we don't see many reviews of this camera in DC fever, as NXmini is way too lady for a guy, way too childish for an experienced.
The camera handling is not optimised to cater the pros. Its lack of front grip makes the camera feel a bit slippery, while the lack of Fn buttons makes manual control a long sequence of "set">"ok", "set">"ok"on touch screen which annoys me alot when shotting moving objects.
The camera is catered toward average consumers with limited understanding in photography basics. It has a reliable smart auto setting for untrained hands to take good photos without much need in editing. For an experienced user, disabling some auto features in P-mode allows user to gain better control on captured images styles..
Framed as a selfie camera, many may forgot it is mirrorless camera with 1 inch CMOS sensor and fairly well designed optics.thus made Images quality produced from this camera being overlooked.
So far my experience on 9mm lens is fabulous, despite find it difficult to get use at the beginning. In street photography settings, the 9mm kit lens renders Hong Kong crowded concrete forest in eye-widening ways. Night time street photos are even better with deliberate motion blur. More importantly, noise suppression up till ISO800 is still impressive when compare to most digital compacts.
During flower festival in 2017, the 9mm lens achieved most objectives despite limitation as non-zoom lens. Its flippable screen and wide lens also make selfie at "Turnip sea" easier than ever.
So far my experience with NX Mini is positive, but still consider this camera is more for entry level photographers,Overall, the camera can be used professionally, but not for the professionals.But with proper training and guidance, this is indeed a good entry level camera to start one journey in photography.